There are a number of different ways to stimulate high levels of productivity, and this is something that companies should prioritize given the competitive and fast-paced nature of today’s working world.
Here is a quick summary of 5 things to consider for fuelling high productivity (inspired by the this post on Lifehack):
1. Have FedEx Days – a whole day where employees can work on anything they want, with whoever they want!
2. Get a ‘Love Machine’ – essentially, a ‘portal’ for employees to communicate how and why they appreciate each other.
3. Consider making your workplace a ROWE – where the emphasis is on obtaining the result, rather than ‘number of hours worked’. In ROWEs, working hours are highly flexible, or perhaps not defined at all.
4. Let employees reward each other for performance – don’t leave this responsibility to managers only! Have a look at what Zappos does.
5. Have ‘Thinking Days’ – specifically geared toward sharing and pursuing fresh ideas. Glassman Wealth Services, for example, find a lot of their inspiration from TED.com.